[CQ-Contest] e-mail logs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] e-mail logs
From: N5RP@pdq.net (Bob, N5RP)
Date: Thu Jan 24 14:11:37 2002
You know,
if at the end of each contest,
the log handler or contest sponsor would broadcast a standardized concise
set of submittal instructions:
AA)
BB)
CC)
we might be surprised to find out how often those instructions get
forwarded on to the various local club reflectors or make their way to
local packet clusters or weekly nets for the benefit and enticement of
those that have never submitted before.

Then, we might be  surprised to see a lot of new submittals getting popped
off, and maybe bringing in a few new contesters who now discover it is fun
to find their "puny" efforts playing a part in the contest results scheme
of things......... and easy to do.

Broadcast where?
Here
ARRL Bulletins
Each time a radio rag announces the contest
K1MEM tom foolery broadcasts
CO2KK Radio Habana Cuba broadcasts
Other reflectors
wherever

I know, these submittal instructions exist and can be found elsewhere for
retrieval, but making things easy to understand is the reason the Dewey
Decimal System was invented; whatever that has to do with anything.

Just a fast thought,
and perhaps in error, (most probably)
as is most of what I do fast these days.
Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP
mailto:N5RP@pdq.net
N5RP Station Page: http://freeweb.pdq.net/perring/station.html