[CQ-Contest] Re: RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Thu Feb 7 10:42:47 2002
It's not a RTTY sprint, it's the RTTY WPX contest (sponsored by the RTTY
Journal and CQ, not NCJ).  The rules are found at:

  http://www.rttyjournal.com/rules/wpx.html

They don't specify RTTY frequencies, but traditionally RTTY contests operate
around:

  3.580
  7.040 and 7.080
  14.080
  21.080
  28.080

The DX tends to operate around 7.040 and stateside around 7.080.  The 7.040
RTTY frequency is the one that tends to get trashed by the sprinters.

- Jim

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com