[CQ-Contest] Re: RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Thu Feb 7 13:33:54 2002
--- Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> The Europeans work RTTY on 7.040 for some reason.
> I have only been around RTTY a few years, I don't
> know if this is tradition or bandplan.

--- Ekki Plicht DF4OR <ekki@plicht.de> replied:

To understand this you have to know that Region 1 has only 100 kHz for 40m:

7000 to 7100.
7000 to 7035 CW only
7035 to 7045 Digital (inc. Fax/SSTV)
7045 to 7100 Voice/CW

40m is crowded nearly any evening. During a contest it's difficult. During
two contests at the same time it will be... interesting.

73, and cu you on 40m in WPX as LX5A
Ekki, DF4OR

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com