[CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri Feb 8 13:27:53 2002
At 07:57 AM 2/8/02 -0800, you wrote:

>Does anyone know when the Feb CW Sprint was moved from the
>1st weekend in February to the second? My computer logs going
>back to Feb 1996 show that the contest has been held on the
>second weekend.

Mine too.  This looks like one of those algorithm conflicts, where
differing formulas for setting contest dates cause them to collide some
years but not others.  Looking at the calendar back a few years, it looks
like this confilct has been present since 1999.  In 1998, it did not occur,
because the second full weekend of the month fell on the 14th and 15th,
while the second Sunday fell on the 8th.  In 1996 and 1997 it presumably
happened as above, assuming the WPX RTTY was on the same weekend back that
far.

I don't think the accusation of "NA-think" is a fair one here.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower