[CQ-Contest] W/VEs spotting W/VEs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] W/VEs spotting W/VEs
From: k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc)
Date: Thu Feb 21 19:14:49 2002
This past weekend I noticed W/VE stations (actually, Ws for the most part)
spotting other W/VE stations over the DX spotting system.  (I'm not talking
about K4MA, who I know was in 8P but spotting people under his call.) While
I suppose there could be legitimate reasons for this, like spotting some
rare W/VE state/province, I hardly think IL or PA falls into that
category.  Since in almost every case, the station doing the spotting was
in the same call area as the station being spotting, it would appear
instead that these were attempts to attract DX stations to the frequency of
these particular W/VEs.

Dave/K8CC