[CQ-Contest] FT1000MP band data

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT1000MP band data
From: k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc)
Date: Mon Feb 25 23:05:17 2002
At 02:07 PM 2/25/02 -0600, William H Hendrick wrote:
>Is the FT1000MP band data output a special size? The DIN plug I
>bought from Radio Shack seems to be too large.

Bill,

The Yaesus and Kenwoods that have 8 pin DIN plugs are indeed a special
size.  The problem, I believe it the positioning of the pins across the
side with the index notch.  The Radio Shack connectors will not fit
(however, I think they do fit ICOMs).

Fortunately, I have a little electronic store a few miles away who (for
some reason) carries the right 8 -pin DIN.  I know Amateur Electronic
Supply also carries these special 8-pin DINs as well.

73,

Dave/K8CC