[CQ-Contest] FT1000MP band data

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT1000MP band data
From: k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc)
Date: Thu Feb 28 19:46:45 2002
At 12:58 AM 2/28/02 +0000, VR2BrettGraham wrote:
>Anybody have a chance to compare the footprint of the "standard" DIN
>jack to that of the one used by Kenwood & Yaesu?
>
>If they're the same, then why not change the jack to something that
>matches plugs which are more easily obtained?

Brett,

I'm pretty sure the connectors are PC-mounted, so changing them would be a
bear.  Not to mention, I doubt that the PCB footprint is the same.

OTOH, who's to say which connector is "standard"?  (Maybe someone more
expert than me!)  What we Americans think is the "funny" one might just be
standard in the Far East.

73,

Dave/K8CC