[CQ-Contest] Contest Spots

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Spots
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Wed Mar 13 23:50:27 2002
Now if you really want to have fun with statistics and spots, analyze
this...

My database for this analysis goes back to 12/1/2001 and contains 256547
total spots.  In arrl dx ssb my database has 24609 spots.  Of those, 486
were made by spotters who only made one spot and that spot was during
the contest.  Those 'unique' spotters spotted 313 different stations.

The recipients of more than 5 of these 'unique' spots were:

Dx            count
PY2NDX  16
S53M          11
UA9YAB  10
PW0T          10
YP3A          9
JT1CO         9
5B4/R3CC        9
M0SDX         9
YL2LY         8
H7DX          7
SN8V          7
ZF2MM         7

This is not of course to cast any stones at those who show on the list.
I only offer it to show that maybe the spots of yp3a were coincidence...
but as was shown, at least one of those spots wasn't made by the person
who's call showed on it.  The only way to tell for sure would be to take
the lists of spotters and find out if they made the spots or not.... if
anyone is really interested in tracing further contact me directly.

Btw, there are some interesting patterns.  Including some that show a
high incidence of stateside spotters who's calls aren't in my latest
buckmaster database.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net