[CQ-Contest] Virus Warning

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Virus Warning
From: wd4ahz@gte.net (Ron Wetjen)
Date: Sun Mar 24 16:09:58 2002
I know this is off topic .... but as a pre-emptive strike, be careful of
a virus that appears to be going around ...

http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99367

or

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

This one changes the "From:" field of e-mail ... making it "appear" to
be coming from someone else, other than the infected computer ... making
it hard to track down.  (I know ... my e-mail address has been showing
up as a bogus "FROM:" address.  I'm getting "bounced" e-mail from bad
addresses I don't even know and "questions" from others - including 2
contesters today ... who are NOT in my address book!)  It's starting to
hit my mailing lists now, as mail sent from non-subscribers (I'm sure
the folks who run this list can back me up!).

73, Ron  WD4AHZ