[CQ-Contest] More QRP Bashing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] More QRP Bashing
From: 00tlzivney@bsu.edu (Zivney, Terry L.)
Date: Thu Mar 28 13:14:11 2002
The awarding of "bonus points" for working Novice or Technician
contestants in the ARRL 10 meter contest is consistant with this
premis: the station taking the extra time and effort to work a
station sending and receiving substantially more slowly than the
average station should be rewarded.  To the extent you need extra
fills to complete the QSO with the QRP station, you deserve
extra points for that achievement.  This is especially true
in Serial Number contests, such as Sweepstakes, where only the
RECEIVING station is the one penalized for communications problems.
Communications should be a two way street.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9