[CQ-Contest] politically correct

Subject: [CQ-Contest] politically correct
From: k5iid@ntelos.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Wed Apr 3 00:51:47 2002
Gosh guys, just because I don't have multiple towers, antennas, rigs,
and/or the money to buy them doesn't mean that I am not a serious
contester. Even in the WPX. I love this "sport" and will keep doing it
till I can't do it anymore.
But the question I have always wondered is, is everybody is running,
how are you getting the Q's.
  I made possibly 15 Q's this wekend via "running", it was more like a
very slow walk, and I wound up with over 1k Q's and 1.3 million points.
So you should thank us S&P ops and not belittle them(us) by intimating
that we are not serious ops. Absolutely we are serious, and if we weren't
you would have much fewer Q's in the log.
Some people drive Porsches and some of us drive Fords or whatever.
That doesn't mean we can't get to work on time.
73, Tom K5IID