[CQ-Contest] spotting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] spotting
From: discreetly_confidential@yahoo.com (Chuck)
Date: Sat Apr 20 08:42:12 2002
Iassume the message about everyone self spotting
and allowing all to do this was in jest. I will
take it as such.

To cut back on the 'bogus spotting' perhaps a
good tack to take would be for the Internet
accessible spotting networks (and I guess the
other systems as well) to implement callsign
checks using current callsign resource checkers.
(QRZ/BUCKMASTER, registration by individual to
verify they arewho they say they are). I'm not a
progrmamerso I'll not even attempt to proffer a
suggestionon the 'how'. I leave that to the
pro's.

When you log in it checks your call against a
master list. If good...you get
through.Thisdoesn't stop the spoofer, but if it
is a problem, then there are tracing items which
can find out the where. It's not easy..but if we
start NOW.. we canimplement things and improve
them.  Again, I'm not saying 'HOW' just offering
food for thought.

Spotting is here to stay. It's not going away and
itis a useful tool having value, indeed.  Best we
can do with the genie that is well and good out
of the bottle is figure out a wayto manage and
manipulate it.

Just one small suggestion and idea.

best 73
CU in the Pileups!