[CQ-Contest] dit dit dit dit

Subject: [CQ-Contest] dit dit dit dit
From: k0hb@earthlink.net (KØHB)
Date: Mon May 13 21:02:12 2002
Back in the 70's I thought it was real cool to have a call sign with my initials
in the suffix.

Since then I have been increasingly concerned that I have a horrible call for CW
contests, due to the large number of dits in the suffix.

Just examined my LCR for last November ARRL SS contest.  I found that 28
stations busted my callsign in their log, and in _EVERY_ case they dropped one
or more 'dits', getting calls like K0SB, K0HD, or K0SD.  Since I use CT to key
my transmitter, the busts can't be attributed to sending errors.

Moral of the story?  Get a call with a lack of dits in the suffix.
Unfortunately, all the zero-district calls with suffixes like TT, MM, OO, TO,
OT, TM, MT, MO are already taken!

(©¿©)  73, de Hans, K0HB
SOC # 291
http://www.qsl.net/soc/