[CQ-Contest] Headphones & Cords - isn't it Subjective?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Headphones & Cords - isn't it Subjective?
From: okh.npi@gte.net (Rich Dailey, KA8OKH)
Date: Sun May 26 16:57:06 2002
I remember doing a service call years ago at the home of
an elderly woman who asked me to kindly adjust the color,
tint, etc. of her television so it was "right".  After several minutes
of tweaking as per her suggestions,  I had her tv showing a perfect
picture.  Never mind that everyone had blue faces and the color was
so saturated that any movement in the picture left a skid mark.

I use a $18 pair of Koss headphones that are very comfortable (to me).
I also like to use a $39 pair of Zenith cordless (alas they are the older
IR type) headphones.  They include separate right/left volume adjustments
which suprisingly reduces fatigue by allowing tweakation of the balance over
the course
of a weekend.  They are not the most comfortable,  but the trade off is
worth it (to me).  No boom mike nessesary.

I am usually flying solo in my shack during a contest, so noise is no problem.
I use headphones anyway - somehow they just help me to dig a little deeper.

fwiw,
Rich

PS - "Tweakation" (c)2002 KA8OKH.

---
Rich Dailey, KA8OKH - Phyllis Dailey, KB4NPI
<http://home1.gte.net/web22jfw>
Kentucky QSO Party template files for NA -
<http://home1.gte.net/web22jfw/kyqso.htm>
---