[CQ-Contest] please copy - question from new lister

Subject: [CQ-Contest] please copy - question from new lister
From: al_lorona@agilent.com (al_lorona@agilent.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 14:47:18 2002
Is that really what you wanted to say? I see the 'please copy' thing as more of
a style issue than an good operating issue or as N5NJ put it, the 'right' way
of doing things.

I can certainly see room for a number of styles within the boundaries of the
best contesting practices. Does saying something like 'please copy' put me into
a second tier of contesters because of the 0.4 seconds it takes me to say that?

As for the indignant few who can't believe we're discussing this in the first
place, Mr. Urban's questions prove that there is a need-- maybe it's a
minority, but it's still a need-- to discuss anything and everything about
contesting on this forum. As an aside, it has always amused me that there
always seems to be a undercurrent of resentment every time certain threads get
started. It seems like such a cliché to say this, but you know what key to hit
when you see something you don't want to read, don't you?

Fair warning: In the next SS, I will be using my call, W6LX, and very likely I
will at times slip up and say 'please copy' among various other niceties,
exclamations, time-wasting utterances, and idiosyncracies. If you'd rather not
have me waste your precious time and slow down your precious rate, please do
not work me. I will probably make a total of about 400 contacts, and at 0.4
seconds per contact, I'll live with the wasted 2 minutes 40 seconds of my life.

Al  W6LX