[CQ-Contest] please copy - question from new lister

Subject: [CQ-Contest] please copy - question from new lister
From: kr6x@kr6x.com (Leigh S. Jones, KR6X)
Date: Thu Jun 27 18:06:47 2002
> Does saying something like 'please copy' put me into a second tier of
contesters because
> of the 0.4 seconds it takes me to say that?

You probably also say "number" before the contact number, don't you?

"Number" takes about 0.5 seconds at full speed, "please" copy takes
about 1.1 seconds at full speed.

Imagine, 2100 SS phone contacts means 3360 seconds -- almost an
hour of contesting -- just for YOU to say it.  And, your contact draws from
inference how fast he should send his exchange.  He will automatically
move at your rhythm.  This means that he'll slow down to your speed
and send "please copy number" himself.  That means you'll lose 2 hours
in an SS.