[CQ-Contest] Wot's Up in Finland?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wot's Up in Finland?
From: n6tj@sbcglobal.net (James Neiger)
Date: Thu Jul 18 21:34:08 2002
Nope.  Bug in the software caused all columns to be mis-aligned when station
worked again on subsequent band.  Also then counted these as "new HQ mults",
grossly overstating the HQ mults real-time.  We knew we could correct the
imbalance post-contest, but unfortunately the G.D. real-time scoreboard was
out there.  At least it appears that it gave the old-timers someone to cheer
for.

While the software problem was a major distraction throughout the contest,
no excuses are offered here.  We had a great time, a wonderful host/hostess
@ OH2HUH, a FB referee in OH6RX, and a very competitive station.  We wish
now we could have a "do-over"!

All-in-all, a not to be missed event, and I hope the next one will be no
more than two years hence.

Our congratulations to all who played, and especially the Top Ten teams,
headed aptly by Jeff and Dan.  (And as my wife observes, the most "normal"
guys there.  Hmmm.........).

Our OH friends are also to be thanked for the very hard work they put in to
the games.  It showed.

73

Jim Neiger
N6TJ  ( OJ2F w/ N6AA)
(just off plane from Paris, and too pooped)