[CQ-Contest] Follow The Money

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Follow The Money
From: nf1j@earthlink.net (Warren C. Stankiewicz)
Date: Mon Jul 22 21:58:48 2002
Well, if folks are this upset, let's look at the political economic
situation here (without trying to sound Marxist)...

Who voted for this?

 Isely-W9GIG-Central Div.,

That's SMC territory, isn't it?

Bellows-K0QB-Dakota Div.

MWA's got a pretty big contingent, I recall, if I'm not mistaken

Fallon-N2FF-Hudson  Div.,

I think you could call that 50-50 between FRC and YCCC types

Frenaye-K1KI-New England Div

YCCC

Bodson-W4PWF-Roanoke

Anyone here from PVRC?

Day-N5OK-West Gulf Div.

There's what, two, three big contest clubs in Texas?

And I left out some directors, and a whole bunch of clubs, none
intentionally. Walt Stinson even served on the CAC at one time.

All of you who are ARRL members got the chance to vote for these people. All
these directors would surely show at any regular club meeting, if they were
asked, to address the members, especially a sizeable contingent (I leave out
those who'd show up anyhow).

With malice towards none (I even know and like some of these folks). But if
you voted for them, you got what you paid for. If you didn't vote for them,
you got even less than what you paid for. The ARRL is you, and you should be
telling it what you want, and not the other way around.

Not that I'm suggesting overthrowing the board--that would be a bit too
revolutionary. Nor am I suggesting people resort to the tactics other
organizations use of trying to vote out people who don't represent their
point of view. But if you want your voices to be heard in Newington,.
perhaps folks should consider grouping together on the divisional level
until they make their voices and their points heard.

After all, at it's very core, amateur radio is about *operating*, isn't it?
And who does more of that than people like us?

Again, with malice towards none, and 73,

warren (nf1j/6)
nf1j@earthlink.net