[CQ-Contest] back to contesting?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] back to contesting?
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Tue Aug 6 23:19:27 2002
That would be a neat contest, though I wonder the extent to which you could
convince ops whose stations aren't already equipped to do the digital modes.

It is, of course, easier now with sound card applications that essentially
only require audio, PTT and control connections to a radio, but I imagine a
lot of ops won't bother even to do that (or if they have the requisite
connections, even to load the digital-mode application).

Be that as it may, PSK modes may be the answer to contesting during the
sunspot doldrums, or for those of us in the black hole...

Funny how the course of this thread changed from "which mode is technically
superior?" to "which mode is most fun?" I think it has been demonstrated
that PSK31 wins hands down in the technical superiority challenge but I'd
have to agree it falls dreadfully short on the fun-to-do scale. (I mean,
really, how can anyone contest the superiority of a mode that allows full
copy on signals that you can't even hear?)

That said, I will NOT be trading my Benchers for a PSK program anytime soon.

73, kelly, ve4xt