[CQ-Contest] Best contesting rig

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Best contesting rig
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Tue Oct 8 13:03:04 2002
I am preparing to write my monthly Contesting Column
for our local newsletter.  This month I am going to
write about what to look for in picking out the best
contesting rig.  I would like opinions and feed back
from reflector members about the best contesting rig:

1. Under $600
2. From $600 to $1000
3. From $1000 to $1500
4. Over $1500

Are there any rigs in these categories that you would
definitely avoid?  Any Why?

Thanks

73s John NE0P

=====
John Geiger
Assistant Professor of Psychology, Cameron University
Ham Call NE0P, active 160-23cm
Yaesu FT100D, Icom T81A, Clegg FM73 (220 MHZ FM)
Now on RTTY, PSK, Hellschreiber, MFSK16, JT44, and HSMS with WSJT
SMIRK 5768, 10X 67581, 6 club 497
5BWAS, DXCC, 2 VUCCs on 50 mhz (Iowa, Illinois)