[CQ-Contest] CQWW and Signal Reports

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and Signal Reports
From: ludal@dmv.com (Dallas Carter)
Date: Thu Oct 31 07:25:09 2002
> In a message dated 10/30/2002 6:20:27 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
> w7why@harborside.com writes:
>

> > I knew if I told him, he'd just
> > ignore me so I didn't say anything.  73
> >

> I never hesitate to tell 'em.  I certainly get told when I am out of line!

I do too.  There are a couple of issues at work here.  Those with more
maturity
in this hobby (wasn't that diplomatic George) realize that a broad signal
means
that less signal is being delivered within the target bandwidth.  That means
wasted
power and LESS effectiveness (not to mention SOUNDING crudy).  More often
than not, when I have been alerted to my poor signal quality it has led me
to find
other problems, usually intermittents in the antenna system.

73  Dallas W3PP