[CQ-Contest] east coast advantage in SS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] east coast advantage in SS
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 1 13:26:46 2002
> i agree ... i think it boils down to has the most pull
> at the league plus most of the new sections both canada
> anf the us continue to improve the easter stations advantage
> in my opinion

Some advantage.....Usually I and maybe one other station east of the
Mississippi cracks the top ten SSB high power.  Uh, lets see, that's makes 80
%  for the west coast, right?
K4XS

From: J. Allen" <jallen@internorth.com (J. Allen)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Northern troubles... de VY1JA

I contacted Ten-Tec and they say that it is likely a problem with the PLL
and associated circuitry.  I am handy with an iron and have worked on all
aspects of HF gear EXCEPT PLL's.... I do not know much about these circuits.
Anyone want to give me some ideas?  SS is less than a day away!

J.

VY1JA