[CQ-Contest] Splitting States - new Sections

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Splitting States - new Sections
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Sat Nov 2 14:50:56 2002
Growing up in NLI, that was one of those sections casual ops never got
the first time. My current QTH in EPA is much better recognized, but I
think it should be changed to SPA :.)
Barry W2UP

From: Sylvan Katz <jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca> (Sylvan Katz)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Clean Sweep is not all that

> K1AR also spoke of the obsession with Sweeps years ago in his
> column...and if you go far enoguh back to the 50's you will find an
> article by W1YYM about the relative value of sweeping versus QSOs...
> todays' software makes those decisions easy...

If you want to see a detailed analysis of SS have a look at Appendix 1 of "A
Novel Perspective of Amateur Radio Contesting" at
http://www.dynamicforesight.com/~ve5zx

You will have to read the rest of the article in order to understand the SS
Appendix :)

.. sylvan

Ô¿Ô¬
Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX