[CQ-Contest] An SS Solution de VY1JA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] An SS Solution de VY1JA
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Mon Nov 4 11:45:54 2002
On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Pete Smith wrote:

> At 02:31 PM 11/4/02 +0000, J. Allen wrote:
> >Please remember in the phone SS contest to treat VY1MB well, as I do not
> >want him discouraged... He has become a reliable source to draw on for YT
> >multipliers.
>

> J., I suggest you encourage him to go split, and announce it every
> QSO.  "Up 5" only takes a tenth of a second, and nobody will begrudge him
> the spectrum space.
>

> 73, Pete N4ZR
> Sometimes a tower is just a tower

Just be careful of who is on the frequency you're listening on if you go
split. There was an interesting situation Saturday evening in the CW SS
when the 3XY7 DXpedition showed up working split on 40 CW.  He
developed quite a pileup so I guess there were a lot of DXers not
participating in the contest, or some contesters decided to take a little
break and work a new one.

I listened for a bit; there were stations working the contest on his
listening frequency who tried to work the stations calling the DX.
It was "interesting".

73, Zack W9SZ