[CQ-Contest] Pileup Management

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Pileup Management
From: ku8e1@yahoo.com (Jeffrey Clarke)
Date: Tue Nov 5 10:56:06 2002
Maybe this has been brought up before ????

Why not just get rid of multipliers for SS ???  CW SS is really an
exercise of who is best at SO2R anyway. The number of multipliers that
the top scores have is usually not a big factor. That way every contact
is equal and no unrulely pileups on anyone....

I know those who like to chase after the "clean sweep" mug might
complain but why not modify it so you can get a mug for making
something like 500 QSO's ??  This way everyone would benefit (more
activity?) besides those stations that are in "rare" sections.

Gee... I sure wouldn't complain about having a big pileup on me !!
(even if it's unrulely HI !) Isn't that every contesters dream ???

                    73's Jeff KU8E