[CQ-Contest] Beyond Unsportsmanlike

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Beyond Unsportsmanlike
From: k0hb@earthlink.net (Hans K0HB)
Date: Tue Nov 5 16:01:07 2002
On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:45:19 -0600 Ford Peterson <ford@cmgate.com> wrote:

> A number of respondents (I count about 60 to
> date in my inbox), seem to
> think the slowbies are not even welcome in SS.

I got a different message than that from most of the 'public' discussion
(maybe your private email had a different tone) I saw.  (I'll also concede
that each persons understanding of the same message may be filtered by their
own mindset on a topic.)

In any case, my take on a 'concensus' is that 'slowbies' are indeed welcome,
but they're likely to need to 'precopy/postcopy' a lot, and perhaps this
effort will be the training that moves them up out of the 'slowbie' ranks.
(Presuming they have that goal.)

73, de Hans, K0HB