[CQ-Contest] TS-940 owners query

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TS-940 owners query
From: w8car@buckeye-express.com (DAN KOVATCH)
Date: Wed Nov 6 14:32:36 2002
I hope this is not too far afield for the group. A friend has a ts940s
with a CW problem. While receiving CW (with or without 500hz filters)
there is a 'tone' on all the time. He says it sounds like a BFO type
tone bleeding through. The tone is present on all bands and is very
audible when listening on just a dummy load. The tone does not appear to
'beat'against signals. If anyone on the list has had any experience with
this problem please e-mail me. We have checked the Kenwood service
bulletins and find nothing resembling this problem.
--
73 Dan
W8CAR

Dan Kovatch