[CQ-Contest] N6TR's QRP SS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] N6TR's QRP SS
From: w4an@CONTESTING.COM (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Wed Nov 6 22:09:35 2002
Maybe some of you missed it, but N6TR operated from the mostly broken
(thank Lilly) W5WMU station this past weekend as QRP.  Results:

He bested superman N5TJ's record from 1997 when Jeff managed to beat the
old record by more than 37K (that is 181 QSOs).  Tree managed to work more
than 50 more QSO's than Jeff did in 1997.  At one point when I dropped in
to see how John was doing at my station, the only comment he made was
that N6TR was only (I believe) 30 QSOs behind him operating with 1500w!

Oh, I also think Pat also deserves a lot of credit for getting the station
patched back together for Tree.  I don't have all the details of what he
accomplished in just a few days, but maybe Tree can fill us in.

Great score OM!  Hopefully nobody will feel compelled to fly to KP4 to
prove how much better they are than you.  ;)

73

Bill