[CQ-Contest] Are contesters self-policing?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Are contesters self-policing?
From: ve3kz@netcom.ca (Bob, VE3KZ)
Date: Mon Nov 18 08:18:19 2002
Folks

I think that this has a great example of self-policing by the Amateur
community. This new technology makes it difficult to stay below the
collective radar! Just Search "Sable Is." on the browser and there were the
two expeditions side by side! The parties were contacted, the illegal
operation has been averted and this Huge Embarrassement has been saved from
being a Huge DXAC, CQWW and Licensing Disaster. I want to thank all the
others that took part in e-mailing and otherwise alerting the boys on Sable
to their dangerous situation.

Self-policing can work!

73 Bob VE3KZ
ve3kz@rac.ca