[CQ-Contest] Are contesters self-policing?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Are contesters self-policing?
From: k0hb@earthlink.net (KØHB)
Date: Sat Nov 16 19:23:30 2002
VE2ZP writes:

> I'm sure we are all pleased to know that there will be a
> multi-op on contest-rare Sable Island during the CQ WW CW
> this coming weekend.  You can learn more about CY0MM by
> visiting their web site, www.dipole.com .

> However, you may not be aware of one aspect of this
> expedition.  You can find out more at
> http://www.sugardelta.com/277sd0/index.html .

> My inclination is to consider this combination injurious to
> the reputation of this hobby with the radio regulatory
> authorities in Canada, who licensed CY0MM.

I don't know the Canadian rules relative to 11M, but I'm sure Riley would have
some interest if this dual-service dxpedition took place on US territory.

Hey, did you notice these guys have their own DXCC and Cluster.....

http://cluster.dk/

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/11.11dxcc/welcome.htm  (supported in part by Icom
France?)

???  73, de Hans, K0HB
--
  Help support youth involved in Amateur Radio.
  http://www.mnyarc.org