[CQ-Contest] Signal reports, etc.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Signal reports, etc.
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Mon Nov 25 20:50:13 2002
I'm still puzzled why someone takes so vigourous a stand on so small an
issue.

WW is what it is. A rate fest. Most people are happy with that. It's a
proven formula for success. Remember, at its core, this contest is designed
to be as fun as possible for as many people as possible. The idea is to sell
magazines, remember? (Nothing is wrong with that. All sponsorship has as its
core the promotion of the host organization.)

I can accept WW for what it is and have an absolute blast doing so. I'd
probably have just as much fun if the report was more complicated, but that
would hurt participation at the lower levels of contesting commitment: the
casual ops who may or may not send in a log but who are so important to the
high levels of participation this contest enjoys.

WW works. I have yet to see evidence that a change in this area would have
anything but negative consequences.

Don't forget that the hard-core contester is only a part of WW's market.

This just seems like a lot of effort for not a lot of issue.

73, kelly
ve4xt