[CQ-Contest] CQWW - are signal reports optional?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - are signal reports optional?
From: k0hb@earthlink.net (KØHB)
Date: Tue Nov 26 04:42:19 2002
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul O'Kane" <paul@ei5di.com>

> This is a theory that sounds plausible, but doesn't hold up in
> practice.  I know, because I've had 750 contest QSOs in the last
> month, without giving reports, except to 4 stations who asked for
> it.  None of them needed it - they all got the zone - perhaps they
> just couldn't adjust to the concept of a CQWW QSO without hearing
> "fini" or 5NN.

If you hadn't sent your zone, they'd have had that too, since the computer
already knows it.  Except for a few contests (ARRL Sweepstakes being the shining
exception which comes to mind) all that needs to be correctly copied is your
callsign (and the cluster probably already gave them that).  The notion that
contesting is a test of operator copying skill is as transparent as the emperors
new clothes.

???  73, de Hans, K0HB
--
  RadioSport Minnesota:  http://www.W0AA.org