[CQ-Contest] Short contest calls.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Short contest calls.
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Wed Nov 27 14:44:25 2002
VY1JA noted:

>I find 1x1 calls confusing on first glance, and am sure that I am not the
>only one.  My goodness, with a location advantage like Guam in the first
>place, does anyone there NEED a 1x1 call to help with the contests?

To help ensure they don't do as well as they otherwise could?

I already had the US & zone 5 mults, so just kept tuning past K2G.

They may have worked zone 24, but they probably didn't get a VR.

Calls like K2G & K7K are taking these Yank geographically meaningless
callsigns too far...

73, VR2BrettGraham