[CQ-Contest] Software

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Software
From: k6km@cncnet.com (Bill)
Date: Fri Jan 10 18:08:14 2003
At 12:45 AM 1/11/2003 +0000, arholub wrote:
>Have been using CT with a Windows 98 computer.  Have recently upgraded to
>Windows XP and found that CT doesn't work.  Incidentally, have had to
>revert to CT 9.71 because upgraded versions all had serious bugs with my
>Yaesu FT-920 or other operating problems.
>
>What are the recommendations for  Windows contesting software?  I hear
>that Writelog is good?  Any guidance would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Doc
>WA6OGO

Doc,

CT was once wonderful but it's way past its use-by date.

Writelog is great, costs a bunch and updates cost additional
after a year.

N1MM Free Logger is possibly even better for contesting and
as the name suggests it's free.

You will have keying problems with any of the new Win versions.
There are fixes on one of the sites featuring the abovementioned
software.

Maybe better yet, go back to Win 98 SR2.

Good Luck,

Bill K6KM