[CQ-Contest] Again?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Again?
From: BobK8IA@aol.com (BobK8IA@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 15:29:36 2003
In a message dated 1/24/2003 1:17:11 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
w4pa@yahoo.com writes:

> Let me make sure I understand you correctly:  SO2R operation was
> developed from the existing rule set, and now those same rules
> years later are "grossly unfair" to the SO1R contest participant?
>
> We should change the rules to inhibit competitive operating
> practices, developed within those same rules, when the raison d'etre
> of radio contesting is just that: to develop operator ability?
>
> Twilight zone, man, twilight zone.
>
> Scott Robbins, W4PA

Hi Scott;

Was SO2R really "developed" from an existing tules set or did it simply
evolve via technology and rules interpretation? I can recall big time SSers
W4KFC and W9IOP in the 50s operating what now would be called SO2R. The
technology was just different then.

Hats off to those that have the ability to use any legitimate technology to
able them to compete at a higher level. I doubt I could do a effective SO2R
thing, even if I had the system for it. But I sure admire those that can!

73,Bob K8IA
Mesa, Arizona USA
near the Superstition Mtns