[CQ-Contest] Again?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Again?
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Fri Jan 24 14:53:36 2003
When are people going to realize that performance and ability in contests
does not and should not matter.

Participation, no matter how inept or expert, is what's important.

It is demeaning and degrading to assign ranking based solely on score.

Oh, for the day when just the calls are listed and no scores.  Then, surely,
contest participation will increase beyond our wildest imaginings.

Towards that end, and once that grossly unfair SO2R has been relegated to
it's own category, I propose that limits be imposed on those operators in
whatever category who exceeed CQ mode or S&P mode QSO rates that are greater
than that of the slowest contest operator.

Any rates above that limit must be construed as unfair as that operator
obviously operating at a distinct and unfair advantage over his competitors
and therefore must be restrained.

73,
dale, kg5u