[CQ-Contest] Re: My Frequency (again!)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: My Frequency (again!)
From: spa@tri.net (Salina Physician Anesthesia)
Date: Mon Mar 3 02:45:13 2003
Finished my feeble effort at the ARRL SSB DX.  Pretty good ant, 6 el HB on a
44 ft boom at 35 ft. 1KW.  Made a mistake thinking that ACE prop program and
flux indicated that 10 would be dead, forgetting that contests generate
propagation.  Set up for 15 M only.  My skills and the TS940 aren't up to
wall to wall signals and I ended up mostly S&P and soon ended up working
everything calling CQ.  Yesterday evening when the signals from the east
fell off a bit, I turned the beam to JA, found a quiet spot (yes they exist
in Kansas when Eu falls out) and after asking if the freq was in use, jumped
in and called CQ.  Started working the 5 and 10 watt JAs about 2 a minute.
Then someone came on freq and said, "Do you know that there is a net 2 KHz
up?"  Answer was "No!" and I continued.  Then another came on and asked if I
could move down a bit.  There was a strong stn there and I was just hearing
his high tones and couldn't.  About every 5 minutes I had someone come and
ask if I could hear the net.  Never did.

Am I obligated to move?  Ended up with about 70 Asians in that run and I
only had 450 Qs in the whole contest with a minimal effort.

Thanks,  N0UU