[CQ-Contest] Re: Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard
From: sm2ekm@telia.com (Jan Erik Holm)
Date: Fri Mar 7 16:35:02 2003
This has been talkt about of and on for the past 10
years or more.
What gives is:
1. The IARU band plan is only a recomendation.
2. What stipulates the mode one can use is the
    rules/regulations of ones license. Forexample
    in Sweden my license doesnt stipulate what mode
    I can use, it just stipulates what frequency I
    can use. In the case of 40 m I can use 7000 - 7100
    for transmit CW SSB FM AM RTTY or whatever.
3. As long as nothing is stipulated in the rules of the
    contest in question the individual have can either
    follow nr 1 or nr 2, if he?s in Sweden that is.

These are the facts, what I personaly think is a different
matter as I have stated many many times on this reflector
for the past 10 or 15 years.
Bottom line is, as long as the contest sponsor doesn?t care
to face the situation nothing will change.

73 Jim