[CQ-Contest] 40m SSB in Regions 1/3

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 40m SSB in Regions 1/3
From: eric@K3NA.ORG (Eric Scace K3NA)
Date: Fri Mar 7 17:14:56 2003
   Yes, the IARU band plan for Region 1 places SSB operation between 7040-7100
kHz.

   But in some places, SSB is also restricted by regulation to be above 7040.
When I operated in HZ for WW SSB a few years ago,
that was the rule: NO SSB transmission below 7040.  Quite a few stations missed
the HZ multiplier as a result of their listening
frequency choice (for USA stations) or transceive frequency choice (for
stations in other countries).

   Even more puzzling were the number of Region 1 stations (many more than
zero!) who called me above 7150 kHz, when I was listening
up for Region 2.  That's just plain illegal... as were USA stations transmit
below 7100 kHz, asking to "listen up".

-- Eric K3NA