[CQ-Contest] Re: 40M Band Plan

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: 40M Band Plan
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Fri Mar 7 19:46:32 2003

> Al F5VHJ wrote:
>
> >The so called "band plan of no SSB below 7040 KHz"  has nothing about CW
> >above 7040. Why do people need to operate CW above 7040 KHz in CQWW CW?
>
> Not to mention the fact that ARRL's very own W1AW transmits its
> regular code practice around 7047, THE prime SSB DX frequency, five
> days every week!
>
> John, NT5C.

Interesting observation.

Wasn't W1AW on 40m much higher in frequency years ago....around 7060 or
thereabouts?  Did they move down to avoid the digital modes?

Methinks with the CW portion of the band being pretty sparsely populated in
the evenings gthese days maybe they will move lower and avoid the other
region's SSB plan.  Maybe someone should mention to the county hunters and
FISTS and the QRP'ers (the hardcore ones, not me) that they need to relocate
their calling frequencies because of potential QRM to SSB'ers in another
region.

hmmm

73,
dale, kg5u