[CQ-Contest] Re: Unsportsmanlike conduct

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Unsportsmanlike conduct
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Mon Mar 31 14:54:56 2003
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Tree wrote:

> However, I think the act of "not working" some people really is very silly
> reason to say someone is unsportsmanlike.  How many of us have "not worked"
> someone calling us in the ARRL DX contest when they were in the USA?

This is a little different situation.  The rules in ARRL DX, BERU,
All-Asia and a few others specify certain areas can only work certain
areas for QSO credit.  In WPX, everybody can work everybody in the contest
for credit.

Not that there's anything wrong with working someone outside the contest;
I once talked a station in a country I needed to work me outside the BERU
contest while he was in it and he obliged.

73, Zack W9SZ