[CQ-Contest] THE DAWG!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] THE DAWG!
From: k3ft@erols.com (k3ft@erols.com)
Date: Thu Apr 3 20:01:11 2003
I don't know what's become of 'The DAWG'.  Ahh, but memories of Mike are fresh
and
strong even after MANY years.

I knew of him early on after I got licensed. I lived in Baltimore and Mike was
active
on 80/40 so he was quite readable at my QTH. Later on I went to work for FCC as
a Watch
officer at Laurel. All the watch techs around the Country knew of Mike and at
Laurel we
used to have an open case file on him. He was always causing problems. QRMing
folks,
being 'just on the hairy edge of breaking the rules' (and I mean on the VERY
VERY thin
and hairy edge which he slipped over once in a while and earned him a GOTCHA
from His
Uncle Charlie)  He LOVED to incite people to call him, debate him and then he'd
make
them purposefully angry so they'd lose it and go off on him. He'd just sit
there and
laugh at them, literally, on the air, and enjoy the 'button pushing' to the
max.  Sadly,
a couple of the ones he egged on, I had to cite for breaking the rules they
accused HIM
of breaking. Did not want to do it.. but the rules are the rules and I was
impartial
observer.  He was never foul mouthed or nasty.. just liked to egg people on,
incite them
to get angry and then enjoy the results of his nasty handiwork.

He took a picture of himself, holding the American Flag, while standing next to
the Sign
that stood in front of the FCC Monitoring Station in Laurel, MD. Had it on his
QSL card
and Somewhere around here I have one.

Colorful.. Like OY..irritating.. but not offensive.

73
Chuck K3FT