[CQ-Contest] To ID or not to ID

Subject: [CQ-Contest] To ID or not to ID
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Sat Apr 5 09:33:26 2003
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Mark Beckwith wrote:

> My rule was to send my call every 2-3 QSOs when the rate was high.  The
> times I didn't send my call I sent "R" and listened for callers.  I didn't
> go longer than this because I personally get annoyed when some DX station
> goes 4 or more QSOs without IDing, and when the rate is high, we're not
> talking more than half a minute, which I feel is a reasonable amount of time
> to make somebody wait.

This is perfectly acceptable to me.  I'll wait around if your rate is high
and you ID every 3 calls when I'm doing S&P.  If someone is only working
one every 2 minutes though, it's unlikely I'll stick around.

Another practice I don't care for is when the other station just sends his
call after working me, no "TU" or "R" or anything.  It isn't always
obvious I've had a good QSO.  In the past when this happened, I was in
doubt and deleted the QSO.  Now I just leave it in. But how much is your
rate going to decline by just adding "R" after each completed QSO?

73, Zack W9SZ