[CQ-Contest] QSO Party Spam

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSO Party Spam
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 6 22:50:33 2003
Thank you Steve (K7LXC) for the kind words about the FCG and FQP.  Our
officers have busted butt to bring the Florida QSO Party a new life.

Back in the 1980s WC4E and myself were the only ones doing the FQP seriously.
 He won the CW and I won the SSB several years in a row.  The contest was
then sponsored by Florida Skip which was kind of a Florida Radio Newspaper.
The promotion was non-existant and the head honcho of the contest told me
that he didn't think that Jeff and I should receive the plaques because we
didn't subscribe to the Florida Skip.  He was serious!

Thanks to K4OJ, K1TO, WD4AHZ, WC4E and several others this dinosaur was
brought back to life in 1998 and has become pretty popular.  As the plaque
coordinator for the FQP, I can promise you at least 20 plaques will be
offered in the upcoming FQP in 2003.  We are still coordinating the
sponsoring of the plaques but it should be finalized within 7-10 days.  By
the way, with the exception of our European friends, everyone should have
received his or her plaque for the 2002 FQP.  The boys in Eu should be
getting them within a couple of weeks.  They have been shipped surface mail.

Thanks for the great support of the FQP in the amateur contesting community.
I hope to see lots of you later this month.

Bill K4XS