[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW Spots

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW Spots
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Fri Apr 11 13:31:33 2003
--- Jamie Dupree <ns3t@arrl.net> wrote:

> While the thread is on spots again, here is some data from
> the ARRL DX contests.  On the CW weekend, there were
> spots made by 24 US calls that were not actively licensed
> by the FCC.  A second posting follows for the SSB test.

This data is next to meaningless to me.  Have you ever gone to DX Summit and
put out a spot through the web interface?  It asks you to type your call in as
the spotting station.  How many people type their own call correctly 100% of
the time, especially in the heat of a contest?

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC