[CQ-Contest] Fwd: [FCG] W3AU SK

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: [FCG] W3AU SK
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Sat May 10 15:44:28 2003
I am very sad to pass along this news, W3AU had many friends in the
contesting community - from his "home" in the PVRC to his later years
down here in Florida with the FCG, and of course all over the world
'twas a time when the callsign W3AU was synonymous for Multi-Multi.
Zoomar, W3TMZ relayed this update earlier today.  Looks like he will be
butting heads with W4BVV once again.

I am sorry to bring such news but Ed passed away at about 3 am on Saturday,
May 10th.  His daughter was at his side as the took his last few breaths.
She was at her home and just barely made it to the hospital before he
passed.

I visited him yesterday afternoon and while I was there he had another
seizure.  He had been experiencing repeated strokes.  I did hear him
communicate with the speech therapist but it made little sense.  He did not
know his wife's name nor that of his daughter.  Micki did not say what was
the final cause in his passing.

I have no idea of funeral arrangements but will post same when they are
known.

Cards may be sent to Grace Bissell, 7080 High Corner Road, Brooksville, FL.
34602.

73, Jack, W3TMZ
The Florida Contest Group:    http://www.qsl.net/fcg/ or http://www.fcg.club