[CQ-Contest] Team Competition in the IARU HF Championship -WRTC-Style

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Team Competition in the IARU HF Championship -WRTC-Style
From: bhorn@hornucopia.com (Bruce Horn)
Date: Fri May 16 10:28:09 2003
At 11:06 PM 5/15/2003 -0700, Rick Tavan wrote:
>Is anyone out there willing and able to implement some form of real-time
>or periodic reporting of team scores during the contest for viewing on a
>Web page?

It would be simple for me to make a web form available (and companion
summary real-time web page) that would allow periodic reporting of team
scores during the contest. The advantage of this method is that anyone can
provide a periodic report regardless of what contest logging software
they're using. The disadvantage is that one of the team members has to take
the time to complete the form (probably 15 seconds or so). I envision a
form that is a simplified version of the 3830 score reporting form - just
the basic fields needed to provide an updated score.

In the longer term I'm interested in hearing from/working with others about
an open-source method of making real-time log status info available to a
centralized server(s) during a contest. As I recall, the efforts in this
area to date have been dependent on use of specific logging software or use
of a specific API. I'd prefer a standardized format (XML based?) and method
of communication (SOAP, e-mail, etc.) that would be straightforward for the
authors of contest logging software to implement within their programs.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)