FW: [CQ-Contest] self spotting abuses in WPX CW

Subject: FW: [CQ-Contest] self spotting abuses in WPX CW
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins K1TTT)
Date: Mon May 26 22:09:21 2003
Here is one good example of why those initial observations may have
other explanations.  He explained that the two different IP routes are
due to the satellite backup link from their isp vs the normal gulf area
fiber link.

>From: David Robbins K1TTT [mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net]
> To: 'Hamad, 9K2HN'
>
>Thanks for the clarification.  I had almost moved that group to the
'odd >things' section at the bottom since all the calls were from the
same area, >but was confused by the two very different ip addresses.
Maybe some of the >spots were from a home station also.  Hope you did
well in the test.

>> From: Hamad, 9K2HN [mailto:9k2hn@9k2hn.com]
>> To: David Robbins K1TTT; cq
>>
>> Hi Dave & All,
>>
>>     I really liked your e-mail and it is nice to stop this self
spotting
>> thing, but I saw my call 9K9X (op. 9K2RR) is listed as self spotter,
first
>> just to let every one know that I will not allow any thing like this
>> take
>> place from my Station, second you may be right I noticed that all
these
>> spots are from the same ip and after few checks with these guys I
came to
>> know that have done so from the club PC using their internet
connection
>> without any request from the operator, as you know our club is open
every
>> day and if you are known member you can be there for 24h also. so it
seems
>> that these spot are from the club 9K2RA.
>>
>> I hope this clear every thing out
>>
>> de 9k2hn

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net