[CQ-Contest] VHF/UHF antennas for a truck

Subject: [CQ-Contest] VHF/UHF antennas for a truck
From: wk6i@twistedoak.com (Jeff Stai WK6I)
Date: Sun Jun 8 19:07:05 2003
At 02:23 PM 6/8/2003, David A. Pruett wrote:
>At 10:43 AM 6/8/03 -0700, Jeff Stai WK6I wrote:
>>ps: As far as loops go, I like the ones made by Norm KB6KQ. Extremely well
>>made, stackable, and nice to look at - but Norm makes them to order so it is
>>probably too late for this weekend: http://www.kb6kq.com/
>
>Downeast Microwave carries the KB6KQ loops and my experience with them has
>been excellent with regards to delivery.

Glad to hear DEM has them - Norm is great with delivery too.

>I have a pair of the 6M KB6KQ loops here at the home station and we've found
>them to work very well, particularly in the June contest.

Got a stack here too - quite pleased with them! - 73 - jeff wk6i

ps: There are dimensions for an easy and very effective 2-element 6m yagi in
The Magic Band book by WB2AMU, but my copy has gone astray - hopefully someone
can find that and post them. I built one from PVC and four telescoping whips -
but I would probably just use aluminum now.

--
Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/