[CQ-Contest] VHF/UHF antennas for a truck

Subject: [CQ-Contest] VHF/UHF antennas for a truck
From: k4wi@earthlink.net (Courtney Judd - K4WI)
Date: Mon Jun 9 20:47:06 2003
Matt and All; my best qso on six was with my KLM 15 mtr 6 el yagi at 100 ft.
I came home early on DEC 28 2001 and turned both rigs on; FT100D on 10 with
the stack and FT920 on 6 with klm 15 mtr. I was reading my email when a JA
popped up calling CQ DX. I reached over and spun the dial on the 1000D
thinking that the Far East was open on 10, but thats when I realized that
the JA's were on six meters. I called JH8NBJ at 2350 and he came right back
with a 5-5.. I almost fell out of my chair. Ja to Alabama on six!!! It's my
most prized qsl card!!! I know now why it's called the magic band! cul 73's
Cort

Courtney Judd K4WI / NA4W
2300 County Road 61
Uniontown, Al. 36786